CARMEL, Ind. (March 20, 2018) – Clinical Architecture, a software development company focusing on healthcare enterprise content management, announced today that it has expanded its offerings to include Symedical on FHIR™, a RESTful API based on the FHIR® Terminology Service standard. “The emerging FHIR standards represent an important step towards lowering the barriers between the systems we rely on to help us care for patients,” said Charlie Harp, Chief Executive Officer of Clinical Architecture. “We are excited to make our Symedical product compatible with FHIR, giving our clients and partners another way to leverage our platform to provide access to high quality data.”
Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®), created by Health Level Seven International (HL7®), is an open standards framework for exchanging electronic health data while leveraging the latest web standards and maintaining a focus on interoperability. Symedical on FHIR™ streamlines the use of clinical and administrative data across contexts ranging from acute or long-term care to public and population health solutions. It packs value into a small, easy-to-use set of services that
- Simplify the usage of industry standard vocabularies such as SNOMED CT, RxNorm, and LOINC as well as FHIR and HL7 Value Sets
- Empower clients to manage custom or proprietary value sets in this same framework, thereby streamlining terminology services into a unified approach
- Support translation between terminologies, both standard and proprietary
- Leverage commonly understood web standards (XML, JSON, HTTP) and a service-based architecture (REST) to jump-start client-side implementations
- Enable a wide variety of solutions from mobile phone apps and EHR-based data sharing to clinical decision support or registry reporting
By adding Symedical on FHIR™ to its healthcare enterprise content management solutions, Clinical Architecture is broadening its already robust terminology management capabilities and taking another step in supporting healthcare solutions and vendors that need to use coded terminology without expending resources to become terminology experts themselves. To learn more about Symedical on FHIR™, please visit our Symedical Product page.
About Clinical Architecture
Founded in 2007, by a team of healthcare and software professionals, Clinical Architecture is the leading provider of innovative healthcare IT solutions focused on the quality and usability of clinical information. Our healthcare data quality solutions comprehensively address industry gaps in content logistics, master data management, reference data management, data aggregation, clinical decision support, text analytics, semantic interoperability, and normalization. For more information, please visit www.clinicalarchitecture.com.
About HL7® FHIR®
HL7® and FHIR® are registered trademarks of HL7 and are used with the permission of HL7. For more information, please visit www.fhir.org.