National Sales Manager
Clinical Architecture is seeking a National Sales Manager in the Indianapolis area responsible for managing and directing our Account Executives, as well as working on targeted opportunities as directed. The National Sales Manager will be responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by effectively managing the sales team to sell the company’s products and/or related services. The National Sales Manager is also responsible for implementing strategy and tactics based on direction from the EVP of Sales.
Reports to/Supervision Received:
- Direct Report: EVP of Sales
- Indirect Reporting Relationship: None
- Manage Account Executives to find business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales approaches.
- Support the sales team in selling Clinical Architecture products.
- Provide executive management with oral and written reports as requested on customer/prospect requirements, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Demonstrate Clinical Architecture products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Take a hands-on approach to managing designated responsibilities to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Responsible for determining when to recruit other internal departments and resources in managing the account.
- Ensures all information about our customer(s) and products are shared with and distributed to all appropriate internal resources, as well as kept up to date in SalesForce.com.
- Attends trade shows, customer user meetings, and visits customer sites as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field of study.
- Payer, pharma, provider backgrounds desired.
- Experience dealing with customer’s systems utilizing integrated or software type products.
- 7+ years of direct business to business sales experience.
- 3+ years managing national sales teams.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active, self-motivated, detail oriented, and creative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Medical software sales experience is a plus.
- Meet annual corporate and departmental objectives by adapting company strategy to customer requirements.
- Coaches the sales team in support of their work contacting and closing new business accounts and customers.
- Continuous evaluation of the assigned territories to help direct the sales team to maximize their efforts.
- Provides recommendations to executive management on scaling the sales force.
- Establish ongoing interaction with designated prospects and customer(s).
- Helps assist the sales team to close deals.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Coordinates sales effort with the appropriate internal resources.
Culture and Benefits:
- World class innovators
- Industry thought leaders
- Friendly and positive
- Casual attire
- Two weeks of paid time off per year (increase available upon tenure)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with 50% contribution from Clinical Architecture
- Monthly team lunches
- Team social events
- Onsite fitness center (membership paid by Clinical Architecture)
- Tread desk and Lift desks
- Onsite café with snack stand and beverages