Director of Clinical Content
Clinical Architecture is looking for a Director of Clinical Content in Indianapolis, IN who will provide leadership, direction, and management for a team of clinicians and informaticists who design, build, and maintain clinical concepts, forms, and other content artifacts that underpin Clinical Architecture’s products. The Director will work collaboratively with Product Management, Engineering, Clinical Informatics, Quality Assurance, and other organizational groups to prioritize and define projects, set department objectives, and ensure projects and delivery are aligned with customer and business objectives. The Director may also be responsible for creation of content or other direct delivery responsibilities.
- Direct and manage teams of clinicians and informaticists in the design and delivery of core clinical concepts, forms, questionnaires, and other clinical content artifacts
- Understand business and customer objectives, and work with content managers to translate those into operational plans for department, adjudicating competing priorities both within and outside the department as necessary
- Collaborate with Product Management, Clinical Informatics, Engineering, and others to define and deliver content products in alignment with customer and business objectives
- Coach, supervise, and mentor content team managers, training manager, and analysts in all aspects of their roles
- Own overall responsibility for delivery, staffing, coaching/training, and effective issue resolution, engaging in any intra- or inter-department concerns as needed
- Communicate with senior leadership in all aspects of content delivery and oversight
- Identify and direct or facilitate opportunities for new or improved content curation processes and products
- Represent department in planning and leadership discussions
- Ensure that content curation processes and quality control programs result in content that is clinically accurate, up to date, and appropriately documented
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in development of clinical content, including progressive responsibility for managing content teams
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in clinical field such as nursing, pharmacy, or medicine required. Advanced clinical degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams with varying levels of clinical and professional experience
- Understanding of and familiarity with healthcare data management, clinical informatics, and/or data analysis
- Familiarity with industry standard healthcare terminologies (SNOMED-CT, ICD-10, LOINC, RxNORM, etc.) and data interchange standards (HL7/FHIR, etc.)
- Familiarity with clinical documentation systems or electronic health record (EHR) systems
- Familiarity with data needed to support national quality metrics
- Strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Technical minded with an aptitude for puzzle solving and applying logic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Residing in or able to relocate to the Indianapolis, IN area
Culture and Benefits: Clinical Architecture provides team members the opportunity to expand their minds and grow professionally and personally.
- World class innovators
- Industry thought leaders
- Friendly and positive
- Casual attire
- Two weeks of paid time off per year (increase available upon tenure)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with 50% contribution from Clinical Architecture
- Relocation assistance to Indianapolis negotiable
Incentives: Clinical Architecture provides a working environment enjoyable to our team and guests.
- Monthly team lunches
- Team social events
- Onsite fitness center (membership paid by Clinical Architecture)
- Tread desk and Lift desks
- Onsite café with snack stand and beverages
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.