Clinical Content Analyst
Clinical Architecture is looking for a Clinical Content Analyst in Indianapolis, IN who will be responsible for clinical content development and maintenance using in-house developed tools to curate concepts that define clinical terms. These concepts build a bridge from healthcare data in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), in revenue claims and in other clinical documentation, to algorithms that measure the quality of healthcare. This information is key to healthcare analytics and allows data to be organized in meaningful ways, creating knowledge that can guide research and quality improvements. You’ll utilize your clinical experience to do “all things data” to help Clinical Architecture achieve its goal of using data and technology to improve patient care.
- Use proprietary tools to analyze and review clinical information
- Conduct research as needed to understand clinical concepts and terminologies
- Develop proprietary clinical content following procedures and best practices adopted by team
- Peer review the work of team members
- Mentor and collaborate with colleagues in problem identification, system utilization, methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Assist with research to identify opportunities for new/improved content and product development.
- Design processes and quality control programs around the creation and production of clinical content, including refresh processes to ensure all content is up to date and appropriately documented.
- Collaborate with Clinical Architecture’s medical and informatics teams to assure accuracy of clinical information in technology platforms and materials.
- Support client and internal discussions as the knowledge expert for terminologies and nomenclature and how those are applied.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) or other clinical discipline required. Master’s degree in nursing or other clinical discipline preferred, e.g., CNS (clinical nurse specialist), NP (Nurse Practitioner), Physician Assistant (PA)
- Understanding of and familiarity with healthcare data management, clinical informatics, and/or data analysis
- Strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Strong knowledge of patient care in a clinical setting
- Technical minded with an aptitude for abstraction, data modeling, pattern matching, puzzle solving, and applying logic
- A demonstrated high level of autonomy, initiative, resourcefulness, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Residing in or able to relocate to the Indianapolis, IN area
- Have 3+ years’ experience working in an acute care setting, directing and coordinating patient care or have 3+ years’ experience working in an ambulatory care setting with a focus on chronic condition management wellness.
- Understanding of clinical/medical terminology, and coding systems (e.g., ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, SNOMED, LOINC, RxNORM etc.) and data exchange standards (e.g., HL7 / FHIR)
- Familiarity with creating, curating, and/or mapping between standard and proprietary terminologies
- Familiarity with design, creation, or usage of clinical decision support rules / systems or clinical analytics
- Breadth of knowledge across medical specialties
- Are familiar with SQL
Culture and Benefits: Clinical Architecture provides team members the opportunity to expand their minds and grow professionally and personally.
- World class innovators
- Industry thought leaders
- Friendly and positive
- Casual attire
- Two weeks of paid time off per year (increase available upon tenure)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with 50% contribution from Clinical Architecture
- Relocation assistance to Indianapolis negotiable
Incentives: Clinical Architecture provides a working environment enjoyable for our team and guests.
- Monthly team lunches
- Team social events
- Onsite fitness center (membership paid by Clinical Architecture)
- Tread desk and Lift desks
- Onsite café with snack stand and beverages